- Lecturer: Christiane Schmidt
- • The first seminar (Sem1) is on September 6, 2018, 13:00-17:00, in SP6225.
- • The second (2-hour) seminar on homework discussion will take place October 4, 2018, 15:00-17:00, in SP6225.
- • The third, full, seminar (Sem2) will take place Oct 18, 13:00-17:00, in SP6225.
- • There is a nice overview on proof techniques, all with a common example, from Estie Arkin available [here].
- • The 4th, full, seminar (Sem3) will take place Nov 5, 13:00-17:30, in SP6225.
- • The 5th, full, seminar (Sem4) will take place Nov 28, 09:00-13:00, in SP7226.
- • The 6th, full, seminar (Sem5) will take place Dec 19, 09:00-13:00, in SP5226.
- • The 7th, full, seminar (Sem6) will take place May 9, 13:00-17:30, in SP7226.
- Computational complexity
- Approximation algorithms
- Online algorithms
- Exact solutions and approximation algorithms for computationally hard problems
- Online algorithms and competitive analysis
- Welcome to the class!
Information will be made available via the mailinglist, contact christiane.schmidt(at)liu.se to be added to the list.
- •Vijay V. Vazirani: Approximation Algorithms
- • Michael R. Garey , David S. Johnson: Computers and Intractability
- •Borodin, El-Yaniv: Online Computation and Competitive Analysis