- Welcome to the class!
- Please note that the first lecture was moved to January 18! (We will not meet January 17.)
- Please note that the first lecture will take place February 7!
- Homework set #4 is online.
- Vocabulary list 1, and vocabulary list 2. Overview/explanation of question types.
- The additional homework set #5 and its solution are online.
- The rewrite of the midterm will take place on March 24, 13:00-15:30.
- For those interested, an overview of what an opposition should be is available from LiU [here].
Information will be made available via the mailinglist: firstname.lastname@example.org
- •William Strunk Jr. and E.B. White, The Elements of Style.
- •Joshua Schimel, Writing Science: How to write papers that get cited and proposals that get funded, Oxford University Press, 2012.
- •William Zinsser, On Writing Well: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction, HarperCollins, 1998.
- •Lyn Dupre, BUGS in Writing: A Guide to Debugging Your Prose (2nd Edition) , Addison-Wesley Professional, 1998.
- •Tim Skern, Writing Scientific English, Facultas wuv, 2009.
- • R.L. Trask, The Penguin Guide to Punctuation, Penguin Books, 1997.